COVID-19 ADVISORY #1
Thursday, March 12, 2020
Because of the uncertainty surrounding the potential impact of COVID-19 on our region, Colonial Terminals has commenced customer communication protocols consistent with those we use to keep customers informed when hurricanes threaten our facilities. These updates will continue to be published as circumstances change or as may be needed to keep our partners informed about current operations as well as the measures we are implementing to prevent and, if needed, mitigate the negative impact COVID-19 could have on our team members and customers.
Current preventative measures in place include:
- Colonial is following United States Coast Guard guidance (MSIB: 02-20) regarding COVID-19 as it relates to our Facilities’ Maritime Security Plans.
- Colonial has reinforced the importance of employees remaining at home if they feel sick or unwell. Colonial has relaxed its sick leave policy to encourage those who may be sick to remain home.
- Colonial has implemented a policy asking team members to inform supervisors if any members of their households have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 in order to allow Colonial to evaluate the risk of them returning to work.
- Colonial has communicated, reinforced and facilitated team members’ ability to follow current CDC guidelines on respiratory hygiene and hand washing.
- Colonial has equipped appropriate employees to work remotely in order to reduce unnecessary traffic at our facilities should local conditions warrant.
- Hand sanitizer bottles are placed at entry points and common areas.
- Enhanced daily cleaning measures have been implemented for hard surfaces.
- Common work equipment is being disinfected between shifts and mission critical activities are being evaluated and modified when possible to increase spacing between employees.
Contingency planning is ongoing and focused on ensuring our ability to maintain continuity of services for our customers. The better we understand your circumstances, the better we will be able to collaborate and understand how to accommodate your needs as they may evolve. Right now, our planning is centered around maintaining adequate and safe staffing levels across our Management, Operations, Maintenance, and Customer Service & Logistics teams.
We are committed to keeping you informed. Any updates to, or changes in our plans, will be communicated through a new Advisory. If there is any way we can support you or if you have additional questions, please contact your Account Representative or other member of our management team.
Current Operational Status
Savannah Terminal Operations
Bottom Loading, vessel, rail and truck traffic status: NORMAL OPERATIONS
Wilmington Terminal Operations
Vessel, rail and truck traffic status: NORMAL OPERATIONS